Monday, January 28, 2013

Dream Design 16 - Tina Devins

Today I am so happy to restart my 'Dream Designs' blog feature, it's been a while and I am pleased to say I have some great designers and some lovely work lined up for the coming weeks so stay tuned.

Tina Devins of Dreaming on a Star is a surface pattern designer who is based in Ireland. After graduating with a BA in Interior Architecture Tina has discovered her real passion lies in surface pattern design. Her career has moved towards illustrating and creating patterns and she has kindly agreed to share with us her favourite design and her 'Dream' application for it.

 

‘Quirky Hearts’ is my favourite design because it incorporates one of my favourite icons – a love heart. There is something innocent and hopeful about drawing little love hearts all over your books as a child. This represents the spirit of Dreaming on a Star – innocent, childlike but full of hopes and dreams.
My dream application would be a stationery line at Paperchase. Paperchase designs are joyful and full of life. They have a quirky and playful element especially in the ‘cute’ lines and I like to think that my work would fit in with their style.


I have looked closely at Tina's portfolio and I find her work very fresh and fun loving. Quirky and graphic patterns radiate a sense of happiness which shines through in almost all of her designs. Her distinctive hand drawn style lends itself to some very cute character designs and also works well when using typographic elements. Tina has a very versatile portfolio of designs which are not only suitable for stationery but also for textiles and in particular the children's sector. I have a soft spot for heart designs of any form, so my favourites are the 'Quirky Hearts' patterns which Tina has chosen to send me for this feature.

Tina recently did a guest post on Tigerprints YouBlog which you can read here. Please also take some time to check out Tina's lovely website and blog Dreaming on a Star where you can see a larger selection of her work, or you can follow her on Twitter or Facebook.

3 comments: